Parents are responsible for ensuring their swimmers are present to as many practices as possible. We only practice 3 days a week, which is the bare-bones requirement for a competitive swim team such as Wake.
Swimmers should arrive on time and be ready to swim. Wake is NOT a babysitting service. Coach is only responsible for your children while practicing in the pool. Therefore the following guidelines must be followed:
- Swimmers must not be dropped off or left unattended for more than 15 minutes before practice, and not more than 15 minutes after practice.
- At no time must any child that is not a swimmer be left unattended in the pool area.
- Swimmers must follow the directions of the coaches at all times.
- All swimmers are expected to attend all practices weekly and arrive ON TIME. It is the parent's responsibility to see that their child/ren attend these practices.
Be on time and ready to swim by being behind the block with swimming gear on. Coach has a giant clock and when the big hand signals the start of practice, the fastest swimmer should be entering the water. There is no excuse for being late! Plan accordingly.
Swimmers should not :
- Play , push, or run on the pool deck
- Push others into the pool
- Sit or lie on the lane lines or otherwise damage or abuse any of the equipment.
- The use of the slide is strictly prohibited.
- Swimmers may not sit or climb on the lifeguard chairs.
There are occasions when a swimmer may become a disciplinary problem. This may include not following instructions of the coach or endangering the health and safety of themselves or others. Each case will be reviewed by the coach and depending on the severity of the case, the swimmer and the parents will receive a warning .